Sunday, February 7, 2016

Writing Again

I started a fantasy novel seven years ago from an idea I had when I was eleven. It's one of those stories that's a part of your heart. I wrote over 120,000 words, cut it down to 85,000, and now have revised it down to 53,000 for a MG novel. Along the way, I joined a critique group, have learned an immense amount about writing, and have seen my writing improve.

Through all this, sometimes I wonder what the point is. If my story is never read by anyone but me, is it still worth it? If' it's never good enough, have I wasted my time?

Then I remember the eleven-year-old girl cuddled up way past midnight, imagining a story, and scribbling away on a notebook. The heart and passion of purpose filling her with such dreams, she felt important.

Then I believe there still might be some reason and keep on trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment